An introduction on how to properly throw (Includes the VELCON throwing trainer)
Date: Mon, July 29th-Fri, August 2nd
Time: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Learn how to throw the proper way
Areas that will be covered throughout the week:
- Gripping the baseball
- How firm do we hold the ball?
- Don’t crush the “hard-boiled egg”
- How many fingers do we use?
- What is a 4-seam grip?
- What is a 2-seam grip?
- Which grip do position players use?
- Intro to using the body to throw
- Why we want to throw the arm, not the ball
- Using the feet as the gas pedal and brake pedal
- Intro to using the legs
- How to throw to targets
- What makes the arm fast?